The principle behind the paleo diet is this :- eat natural, whole foods that would have been available to man during the palaeolithic era. For the non nerds amongst you, that basically equates to cavemen. I don’t eat strictly paleo, but since I’ve received a lot of requests for healthy snack/desert ideas lately, I thought I’d share these with you. Here’s my recipe for Healthy Paleo Chocolate Bars.
Healthy Paleo Chocolate Bars Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 25g cocoa powder (go organic if possible)
- 60g almond flour
- 100g unsweetened, dessicated coconut
- 1 tablesoon honey
Healthy Paleo Chocolate Bars Method
Nobody uses paper anymore. Recipes are stored away neatly on the iPhone.
1) Add the coconut oil to a pan over a low heat, and remove once entirely melted.
2) Once the coconut oil is melted, add the honey, and stir until completely mixed in.
Bit annoyed I didn’t get to do the squeezy honey bit.
3) Add the cocoa powder and mix in.
4) Add the ground almonds.
See, this is the simplest recipe ever. Thank me later.
5) Add the dessicated coconut and stir in well.
6) Pop the mixture into a Tupperware container and refridgerate. After a couple of hours, it’ll be ready to chop up into little bars.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to let me know if you make your very own Healthy Paleo Chocolate Bars.